Friday, May 6, 2022

A Good Canoe can take you there

I read this ages ago, around the year 2000. I forget who the author is...


"Our canoe has also transported myself and my kin to environs where mosquitos have feasted on our flesh, where the summer sun scorched the skin of my toddler and where dreary dounpours had me anxious to return to my mundane life in front of a word processor. But once home staring glassy-eyed into the computer screen, the good memories flood back. Watching my kids play for hours with sticks and rocks, sharing my daughter's excitement whenever she boats a fish, witnessing the unfathomable power of summer thunderstorms, relaxing in the sand for hours as the kids build castles - - it's the sappy stuff that makes you want to brew a cup of coffee and celebrate the moments of your life."


Photos of our own family adventures. We ditched our canoe and got kayaks, but thinking of going back to the canoe one of these days.





No comments:

Post a Comment